Colorful, hearty and nutrient-rich, this easy salad makes a great meal to enjoy “in hand” when served in a soft or crisp taco, or spread on crusty bread. It’s a great way to fit veggies into your emergency meals.
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced carrots, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite-cut tomatoes, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, carrots, tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
- Toss with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you have a refrigerator or chilled cooler available, chill for 30 minutes before serving, or enjoy at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 150; Total fat 10g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 470mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Fiber 8g; Protein 6g; Vitamin A 160%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 10%DV
Did You Know that the ShopRite of New Rochelle
offers FREE Nutrition Services from a Registered Dietitian?
For more information call, email or visit:
Greta Breskin, MS, RD, Registered Dietitian