Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps
Provided by Greta Breksin, Registered Dietitian, ShopRite of New Rochelle
Ingredients (Makes 36 servings): 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal (like Rice Krispies), 3/4 cup dried cherries, 1/3 cup slivered almonds, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Put semisweet and white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl; microwave on HIGH 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave on HIGH for another 45 seconds until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add cereal and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; chill 1 hour or until firm.
: Calories – 68, Total Fat – 3 g, Cholesterol – 0 mg, Sodium – 6 mg, Total Carbohydrates – 10 g, Fiber –1 g, Protein – 1 g
Strawberries with Orange-Ricotta Cheese
Ingredients (makes 8 servings): 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 quart strawberries, quartered (you can substitute other berries if you like)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Spoon cheese mixture into a small bowl; cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Spoon 1/2 cup quartered strawberries into each of 2 small bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.
Nutrition Data: Calories – 76, Total Fat – 2 g, Cholesterol – 7 mg, Sodium – 39 mg, Total Carbohydrates – 11 g, Fiber –2 g, Protein – 4 g
Recipes courtesy of Cooking Light.
Recipes provided by Greta Breskin, Registered Dietitian at the ShopRite of New Rochelle. For information about ShopRite’s FREE nutrition services, call Greta at 845-475-4940 or stop by her office next to the pharmacy.