Yield 4 tacos
Time: 40 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no added salt)
- 2 cloves, fresh garlic (minced)
- 4 100% whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Optional: fat-free sour cream and salsa
- Optional: finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook ground chicken in skillet. Add canned tomatoes and garlic. Salt/pepper to taste. Leave on medium heat until chicken is cooked thoroughly (chicken will be white in color, no pink visible).
- On whole wheat tortilla, layer ¼ of the meat and ¼ cup of cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion to taste (if adding cilantro, do so here).
- Roll up tortillas and serve. Dip in salsa and/or fat-free sour cream