Hey, there! Last week, I shared with you my Top Five Simple Eating ideas to help you live the “healthy” life you want. By now, I’m sure you’ve got them down pat. So here’s my Second ‘Top Five!’ Make them part of your life this week and lookout! Your life (and body) will change in ways you might have never thought possible. Are you ready? Here you go:
6. Eat food that are healthfully prepared. Whether dining out or cooking at home, try healthy cooking methods like baking, grilling and steaming, or broiling instead of breading and frying.
7. Be careful “picking” from foods around you. Having a taste of someone else’s food or snack can be okay once in a while, but doing this frequently can be dangerous. Little bites can add up quickly. Ignore snack foods if they are tempting (or in close proximity).
8. Eat after you exercise! A good goal is to eat within 30 minutes of completing a workout. Your body needs nourishment after all that hard work, so make sure you have a well-balanced meal or snack to give your body the nutrition it needs. Eating before exercise gives a boost of energy to help your body get the most out of your workout.
9. Avoid going longer than five hours without food! While you do not have to eat a full meal every five hours, you certainly will need a snack if you are going longer than that between meals. A healthy snack (100-200 calories) can give you energy and help to hold you over until your next meal.
10. Stay positive. No one is perfect! There will always be moments where you deviate from your healthy meal plan. It’s okay! Don’t let it throw you into a downward spiral. Simply get back on track at your next meal and keep moving in a positive direction.